Thursday, January 22, 2009

Response to Todd's Comment

It was fun to watch Punahou during the Inaugural Parade- the shaka from Barack. I remember the college recruiters coming into classes during my junior/senior years (1984-1985). Were you with Gonzaga?

I didn't post much of a reflection on what is listed as the assignment in the syllabus. My personal experience begins with the betamax machines, moves to Punahou typing class in Pauahi Hall, and moves forward to the Kaypro and early Mac Classic. I have been Mac based and have blind brand loyalty- why? Perhaps it's the ease of use issue, but more likely it's just that I have had great success with Macs- never any problems.

I enjoy computers when I have the time and energy to stay current with the latest technology- I blink and am quickly out of touch and out of the loop.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Roddy. I was with Whitworth College back in those days. We annually matriculated 20+ students each year from the islands. LOVED that part of my job. I remember Punahou to be a drop-dead gorgeous campus--very college like. But then again, all those private schools had beautiful campuses. Except maybe HBA.

    Glad the Mac has stayed with you. I've had to become bi-lingual because of my job, but my preference in the Mac. Loved my Mac SE/30. Remember that one??

    ReplyDelete