Thursday, February 5, 2009

Paul Navarre and maintaining a web page

On Paul's website (for Net Interaction) he says, "A website is only as good as the content. A flashy website might impress once. A website with useful and up-to-date content will impress everytime, and encourage frequent visits." One of the great challenges I faced as a teacher and face now, as an administrator, is how to keep a web page current and interesting. This is a challenge as I do not wish to spend significant amounts of time updating my page(s). As a teacher it was a bit easier as there was a weekly posting for homework and class news (that was 5-9 years ago when I was teaching). Now, there seems to be less motivation and need for me to keep my page current. As I look at other principal's pages they, too, seem to be rarely updated- perhaps the current newsletter letter is posted, but rarely more. My goal as a principal will be to create and maintain an engaging site that includes a podcast.

1 comment:

  1. One of the things another student in our class is using his blog for is to use it as a regular communication piece with his school community. You may want to try that. Also, Google Sites is so easy to use, that may be the ticket, too.

    ReplyDelete